List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Re: When I have downloads running, DNS fails.
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2014-07-15 10:06:57

On 2014-07-15 09:49, John Andersen wrote:
> On 7/14/2014 7:26 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > Only a PC does not suffice.
>
> > Three machines are needed:
>
> > 1) The original adls router, or an equivalent one, acting in pass-through mode, \
> > like a "modem" from ADSL to ethernet. Alternatively, I  have to buy a card that \
> > knows ADSL for the computer. 2) A computer, with at least 2 ethernet ports \
> > (routing internet WAN to LAN), and  wireless card with good antennas. 3) A \
> > switch.
>
> > That's a lot for a home system.
>
> Heh, you should see my home system...

And mine - LOL.

Just that part is "simple".

> But wait, I'm confused.  Havent been following the whole thread, but
> last I was following it, your problems were pretty much solved by
> just not using the DNS server on the router.

Correct.

Unfortunately, although it works better, it doesn't always. So what I
did later was find out how my router, which claims to do "bandwidth
control" can be configured to do that. I found that out, and now I'm
trying to observe it it works or not.

> The router was still able to route, just not route and do dns.  Or did I miss \
> something?

No, but Linda has not noticed that it was solved, more or less :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)