List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] 13.1 - screen brightness stuck on high - unresponsive to fn keys - how to fix?
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-14 16:35:51

All,

   One new issue I have with 13.1 is my Toshiba laptop brightness is stuck on
high (really high) and I cannot adjust it with the normal function keys. The
normal method for increase/decrease is:

   fn + F6 - lower (8 steps)
   fn + F7 - raise (8 steps)

   What is strange is that this hardware brightness control has always worked,
regardless of the OS (XP/DOS, openSuSE 11.0, 11.4, Archlinux) and regardless of
the driver (radeon, radeonHD, etc..)

   Now it is just stuck. I can pop the 11.4 drive back in and it works fine.
What could be causing this? Moreover, what could be the fix?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.