List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] When I have downloads running, DNS fails.
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2014-07-11 2:55:34

On 2014-07-11 04:37, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> В Thu, 10 Jul 2014 19:26:09 +0200 Per Jessen <> пишет:

> The problem is not bandwidth, but queue size and associated latency. PC
> on LAN sends data with 100Mb/s which results in relatively huge amount
> of data buffered in router which can only send with 1Mb/s.

But I was not sending: I was downloading. Four simultaneous yast update
sessions, in fact.

The upload rate should be very small, as about only the acknowledgments
of the packages received were sent, and other negotiations or whatever
they are called.

The problem, as I said on other posts, turned to be not Internet pipe
saturation, but that the DNS server or relay on the router can't cope,
while a bind daemon on my computer, using the same router and pipe,
copes fine. Well, not exactly fine, a bit slow, but it responds.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.
		(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)