List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] KTp alternative to Skype?
From:       Harrie Baken <hb-lijsten () tekstbaken ! nl>
Date:       2014-05-07 14:33:29

Hallo Carlos, op 07-05-14 15:30 schreef je:
> On 2014-05-07 15:13, Harrie Baken wrote:
>> Hallo Carlos, op 07-05-14 14:36 schreef je:
>

>>> A gmail id and a google account is the same thing, despite the
>>> names. You simply activate the full thing or not.
>>
>> I think Google want's everybody to believe that, so they can make
>> the whole bloody world even more dependent of their monstrous
>> company. But it's BS. My username for my Google account (phone,
>> webmasters support, G+, etc.) is [something]@tekstbaken.nl.
>

> Yes, you can get a google account with a different email address -
> but you do get a corresponding gmail folder as well, typically
> forwarded to your given address.

You scared me to death, so sent a mail to [something]@gmail.com but the
answer was:

Remote-MTA: DNS; gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to
reach does not exist.

(With the same "something" of course.)

A different (probably the same) methode is checking at
https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery (with the option: I don't know
my password).

What a relief again - no gmail address.

> I have that with my ieee.org address, it is handled by google now.

I feel sorry for you. ;-D

Harrie

--
Harrie Baken | Tekstbureau TekstBaken