List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Something wrong with the opensuse repos? **ALL OK NOW**
From:       Basil Chupin <blchupin () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2014-03-09 2:52:07

On 09/03/14 07:36, James Knott wrote:
> Basil Chupin wrote:
>> (for me that's ~10X dial-up speed)
> OUCH!
>

> For me it's almost 1000x.

Yeah, I know..... :-( . I am ~4Km from the exchange (as the signal
travels) which puts me in the right speed range for ADSL2+ .

Our previous government started rolling out the fibre-based NBN
(National Broadband Network) but the bunch which won government 6 months
ago have now put a stop to this, want to retain the copper connection
from the "pole" to the house and there are now suggestions re
privatising the whole thing.

BC

--
A civilisation is judged by how it treats the most vulnerable.

        Lauren Smith - 30 January 2014