List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Something wrong with the opensuse repos?
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-06 13:49:46

On 06/03/14 09:44, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 07/03/14 00:28, Alvin Beach wrote:
> > On 06/03/14 08:58, Basil Chupin wrote:
> > > All day I am getting a download speed of around the dial-up speed (54KB/s) and \
> > > as low as 0B/s and not my normal speed of >450KB/s.
> > > Is there something wrong with the oS server or do I go chasing my ISP for \
> > > answers? Download speed for my connections with other sites (in Australia and \
> > > UK) are pretty much normal.
> > > BC
> > >
> > Same here in Canada. May just be a hiccup?
>
> Could be, but see Patrick's response.
>
> (If it is a hiccup then the hiccup is lasting a verrrryyy long time! I started my \
> 'zypper up' early this morning but stopped the whole sheebang because of the slow \
> speed. I resumed some 13 hours later and saw no difference in speed..)
> BC

I thought it was an issue with the Build Service, but I think the repo URLs are just \
redirected to the closest mirror. I believe my closest mirror is a one of the local \
Universities, which is likely different from the mirror you would be using.

If this is still the case, I'm not sure what could be causing the slow down. Perhaps \
the Intertubes are congested? ;)

Perhaps there is some zypper command that can be issued to find out which mirror a \
repository is being redirected?

Alvin