List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] X11 Forwarding issue
From:       John Andersen <jsamyth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-23 22:56:26

On 1/23/2014 2:13 PM, Ken Schneider wrote:
> On 01/23/2014 04:00 PM, John Andersen pecked at the keyboard and wrote:

> > > Changed the default to inet and still no go even after a network restart on \
> > > both ends.
> > > BTW, both systems are fresh install of 13.1 (well fresh as of a couple of \
> > > months ago).
> >
> > Are all of these in sshd_conf on the target?
> > X11Forwarding Yes
> > X11DisplayOffset 10
> > X11UseLocalhost Yes
> >

> Thanks for all of the help. In the end I had to change the setting of \
> X11UseLocalhost to YES. The default is NO and I missed the setting earlier.

X11UseLocalhost Yes used to be the default.

I can't remember when this changed, or why.  But I have serveral sshd_config files on \
several different machines where
#X11UseLocalhost yes
appears in the default configuration file, indicating it is the default.

I ran into this on Rasberry Pi lately too, so I doubt its just an opensuse change.