List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] stop and start x-server from console
From:       "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas () telefonica ! net>
Date:       2013-12-31 0:38:39

On 2013-12-31 01:11, Istvan Gabor wrote:

>> The one you really use must match the "DISPLAYMANAGER" entry in the "/etc/sysconfig/displaymanager"
>> file.
>

> That is set to kdm3.
>
> # cat /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager |grep DISPLAYMANAGER=
> DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm3"
>
> But there is no kdm3 script in /etc/init.d/ to start/stop kdm3.

I don't remember if there should be, and I don't have a 12.2 test system to verify it. It maybe
script "xdm" which should stop/start the appropriate process. Maybe, as support for kdm3 was
changing hands, there is a mistake there somewhere.

Besides that, you have an error in script "/etc/init.d/before.local", that's the killproc error you see.

--
Cheers,
        Carlos E. R.