List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] stop and start x-server from console
From:       Anton Aylward <opensuse () antonaylward ! com>
Date:       2013-12-19 14:18:39

Felix Miata said the following on 12/19/2013 08:45 AM:
> On 2013-12-19 08:28 (GMT-0500) Anton Aylward composed:
>
>> Felix Miata composed:

>>> Not on host gx150 at least. Only unit listed is
>
>>> 	dev-sda8.swap loaded failed failed /dev/sda8
>
>> I'm confused.
>> If it doesn't work then why does it report that?
>
> Your guess is probably better than mine.

I meant 'if it doesn't work why does it report anything rather than SIGX
or some other error message.

Its reporting something meaningful therefore it does work.

What I'd do now is look to the logs.  Systemd has good logging
facilities of you choose to make use of it.  RTFM and the blog
advisories on it.  As a matter of course I check them after booting in
case I'm missing something.

--
In war, three quarters turns on personal character and relations; the
balance of manpower and materials counts only for the remaining quarter.