List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] iso file from Blu-Ray disc: how to play it or read contents?
From:       John Layt <johnlayt () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2013-09-20 16:12:09

On 20 September 2013 18:00, Dylan <dylan@dylan.me.uk> wrote:

>> Is there some file I need to install in oS in order to be able to play
>> this iso file or is it the case that I need to burn the iso to a 50GB Bd
>> disc before I can view the contents?
>>
>> Thanks for any hints.
>

> VLC should open it (like it does a DVD image) if you have libbluray sorted
> out and all the necessary keys and DRM stuff...
> http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html

If VLC doesn't work (and it probably won't due to the DRM) then the
easiest option is to use MakeMkv.  This allows you to either rip the
video to an mkv file (legality depends on your jurisdiction), or to
stream the video which you should then be able to play in VLC or XMBC
or similar.

There's an OBS repo with it at [1], and you'll need a free beta key
from [2] every month.

[1] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/sebschub/openSUSE_12.3/
[2] http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Cheers!