List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Do we need a dedicated update notification icon in the systray?
From:       Rajko <rmatov101 () charter ! net>
Date:       2013-02-18 4:58:13

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:12:39 +0100
Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@gmx.net> wrote:

> ... Do you want a dedicated icon in the system try (panel) of your
> desktop that shows you whether updates are available?

Actually, we should be able to have:

1) Automatic updates.
   We have it via YaST Automatic Update.
   Problems are:
* All feedback is via root mail from command line. Mails can be
  redirected to non-root system user, but then user has to know how to
  configure them to be visible in a mail client in order to skip visits
  to console and 'mail' which is not the most comfortable way to see
  emails.
* It is only automatic updates.

2) Download only.
Does not exist.
This options is for users that don't want to be interrupted in the
middle of the work with need to reboot, or have corrupt documents.

3) Notify only.
Does not exist.
Those that don't want to select updates.

4) Nothing at all.
Currently when you disable PK.

--
Regards, Rajko.