List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Using # with F2
From:       James Knott <james.knott () rogers ! com>
Date:       2013-02-08 16:26:05

David Haller wrote:
> Which is "up-to-date". Hm. Have a look at kcontrol -> KDE Components
> -> File Associations and search for 'man' as a pattern and look for
> what apps are bound to that filetype. Use e.g. 'tkman' in "General"
> for tests as it'll be clear that it was opened that way. Or
> e.g. 'xless', anything to make it clear that the configuration was
> applied. Also for testing, in the "Embedding" Tab use e.g. "Text View"
> instead of "KManPart". If you then get the manpage "source" instead of
> a rendered view in a KDE Text widget, you'll know you're on the right
> track.

File associations are for file types.  Man is not a file type, it is a
command.  If I open Konqueror and enter #<command>, it works as
expected.  The same problem occurs with ##, which is supposed to open
"info".

Try pressing Alt-F2 and then entering #ls or ##ls in the box to see what
happens.  Then open Konqueror and enter those to see what's supposed to
happen.