List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] WLAN connection dropping in 12.2
From:       Werner Flamme <werner.flamme () email ! de>
Date:       2012-09-28 19:47:04

Werner Flamme [2012-09-23]:
> Hi,
>
> I saw that Per Jessen had this issue with an RC version of openSUSE
> 12.2, now I have it on my Thinkpad T61: my WLAN connection suddenly
> drops away.

The issue mentioned happens with a Thinkpad T61, WLAN hardware

>   Model: "Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron] Network Connection"
>   SubVendor: pci 0x8086 "Intel Corporation"
>   SubDevice: pci 0x1011
>   Revision: 0x61
>   Driver: "iwl4965"
>   Driver Modules: "iwl4965"

But on my netbook (Acer Aspire One D257) right to the right ;-) of the
T61 this doesn't happen. hwinfo --wlan tells me here:

  Model: "Intel WLAN controller"
  SubVendor: pci 0x8086 "Intel Corporation"
  SubDevice: pci 0x1005
  Driver: "iwlwifi"
  Driver Modules: "iwlwifi"

So it seems to be a problem of the driver.

Following the text on <http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=Info>, I should
be able to replace T61's iwl4965 driver by iwlwifi, shouldn't I?

Werner