List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird 13.0, in 12.1 broken.
From:       j debert <jdebert () garlic ! com>
Date:       2012-06-30 18:16:56

On 06/29/2012 11:37 PM, monkey9 wrote:
> Op 29-06-12 20:20, j debert schreef:
>>
>> I've had little success getting OpenSuSE's flavours of mozilla to work
>> well. For all the on and off problems they're considered unstable. I
>> no longer bother with them.
>>
>> Try Thunderbird 13.0.1 or perhaps whatever is latest from mozilla.org.
>> 13.0.1 fixes some major problems found with 13. And it works a little
>> better than 12.
>>
>> jd
>
> Might give it a try..
> Do not know what is all about with 12.1.... yet.
> KDE seems to be not completely stable, i am not sure yet..
> Icons disappear when waking up, and when changing desktop...
> Their functionality remains though...

I failed to mention that I had problems with OpenSuSE's TB some time
ago. More than 6 months ago, actually. Most likely way more. The
memory of being burned by the problems is still strong. Instead of
doggedly pursuing the problems I opted for the quick and easy way out
and got TB from Mozilla, and the troubles for me were gone.

I'm using KDE3 and I don't see such a problem lately. I recall having
a problem similar to yours with KDE4 plasma-desktop when I had tried
it last, which was about 3 months ago. So it may not be TB after all,
if you have the same problems with other apps and windows in KDE.
Might try to see if the problems persist in different window manager.

jd