List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Inssider on 12.1
From:       James Knott <james.knott () rogers ! com>
Date:       2012-06-30 1:50:34

Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2012-06-30 03:26, James Knott wrote:
>> >I'm trying to run InSSIDer on openSUSE 12.1.  However, whenever I try
>> >to start it, I get an error:
> Me too. I tried in 11.4
>
>> >It doesn't matter if I do this as root or mere mortal.  I downloaded
>> >the 64 bit RPM from:
>> >https://github.com/metageek-llc/inSSIDer-2-Cross-Platform/downloads
> It is a beta dated a year ago, and that means it has been abandoned.
>
>> >The Windows version of this app runs very well.
> Indeed.

I also run WiFi Analyzer on my Android phone and tablet.  It also works
well, but doesn't detect the double wide 40 MHz N channels. It only
shows them as a regular 20 MHz channel.  InSSIDer shows the double wide
channels.  For example, InSSIDer shows my access point as being on
channels 4 & 8, but WiFi Analyzer only shows ch. 4.