List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] bad news: download.opensuse.org lost its filesystem
From:       Basil Chupin <blchupin () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2012-04-30 9:46:08

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[opensuse-project] bad news: download.opensuse.org lost its
filesystem
Date: 	Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:02:08 +0200
From: 	Stephan Kulow <coolo@suse.de>
To: 	opensuse-project@opensuse.org

Hi,

We face at the moment a rather critical problem - in
download.opensuse.org's RAID 2 discs died at the same time,
which means we can't restore the filesystem at all.

Most stuff is copied somewhere else, but restoring it from
scratch can take easily a day - we're talking about several TB.

For now I redirect download.o.o to widehat.opensuse.org, which
won't be able to hold the load for long - but it's better than
spitting errors.

Greetings, Stephan