List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] building driver for wacom bamboo tablet x86_64 11.2
From:       Patrick Shanahan <paka () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2010-12-27 5:28:52

* Patrick Shanahan <paka@opensuse.org> [12-26-10 13:54]:
> * Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@novell.com> [12-26-10 08:16]:
> >
> > Yes, thins rings a bell. For X-Server < 1.7 the build is different. In
> > this case I think the wacom tarball provides everything. You'll need to
> > consult the instructions on the wacom site.
> >

> Well, I guess that I need to edit by hand the xorg.conf file as the
> tablet is functional in the tty displays using gpm even while X is
> functional, but not in the X displays, :0 & :1.
>
> will play some more.

Ok, have altered xorg.conf as suggested on the linuxwacom project pages
but no bananas  :^(

My xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log are here:
  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/xorg.conf
  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/Xorg.0.log

note that the tablet is functional as a mouse via gpm in a tty in
runlevels 3 & 5.  Not tested in other runlevels.

tks,