List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse]  how do I get flash in firefox enabled again?
From:       Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang () rosenauer ! org>
Date:       2010-10-03 8:55:32

Hi,

Am 03.10.2010 09:41, schrieb Per Jessen:
> phanisvara das wrote:

> > > /usr/lib64/firefox/plugins - which is also where the PDF plugin
> > > lives, and ff has no problems finding that one.
> >
> > after a lot of trying around, i copied the 64bit plugin to
> > /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/, where it's picked up from all browsers
> > i'm using (FF, chromium, konqueror, opera).
>
> Okay, have tried that too, didn't work.
>
> However, I then tried running firefox from the command line
> which produced thee two errors:
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library \
> /opt/jre1.6.0_19/lib/amd64/libjavaplugin_jni.so \
>                 [/opt/jre1.6.0_19/lib/amd64/libjavaplugin_jni.so: wrong ELF class: \
>                 ELFCLASS64]
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library \
> /usr/lib64/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so \
> [/usr/lib64/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64]
> Hmm, I see - on mozilla.com, the firefox builds are all 32bit.  I guess I'll have \
> to build it myself (this is 10.3 system).

Ok, the next time please tell us that you use nothing provided by openSUSE!
The flashplayer you installed is from Adobe and the Firefox you
installed is from mozilla.com apparently? So please if you ask here
about third party applications the next time tell us in the beginning
and you probably get useful answers.

But anyway excuse me that I needed to drop 10.3 support for Mozilla
stuff. Nevertheless you probably want to update at some point ;-)

Wolfgang