List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Now That Novell is seling the Linux Division...
From:       Basil Chupin <blchupin () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2010-09-23 9:36:46

On 23/09/2010 16:21, Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Thursday 23 September 2010 01:11:41 Philipp Thomas wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:17:51 -0700, Tony Alfrey
>>
>> <tonyalfrey@earthlink.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> osted topics and remarks that do not precisely
>>> fit their preconceived notion of acceptability.
>>>
>> They do not fit the topic of the list. And what would be so bad about
>> moving this discussion to the offtopic list? But I'm giving up. Maybe
>> it's really time for me to unsubscribe and go where I get what I
>> wanted in the first place: technical discussions. EOD for me.
>>

> Nicely done guys.</sarcasm>
>
> While you are congratulating yourselves on running the "list police" out of
> town, remember that Philipp is one of my few low level SUSE colleagues who
> cared enough to spend time in here solving user problems down the bottom of
> the stack.  Are you going to step up and answer those now, between enjoying
> your hard-won freedom to discuss the sky falling?
>
> Will

I am sure that there is some "Ah, the old xxxxxx trick, Chief" which
Maxwell Smart would come up with in one of the episodes to describe what
you just stated.

But the fact is- why did Philipp get himself involved in this thread?

He was commenting as a private individual.

If he was commenting as an "employee" then he should have stated so -
just like you are doing now with not only your address but also your
tagline :-) .

(I you want to go back in history, I raised this issue quite some time
ago where people who are working for Novell or who work on oS should
identify themselves as such and not hide behind mail addresses such as
gmail or similar.)

BC

--
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.