List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] One repo in the pool killing updates - probably utexas.edu
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-22 20:44:02

On 09/22/2010 04:54 AM, Peter Pöml wrote:
> As the log excerpt shows, aria2c contacts not only one server, and it finishes the \
> download in about 4 seconds (instead of one minute) even though the slow utexas.edu \
> mirror was used (among others).
> That's how it should be.
>
> So, if you see the same happening, and if you are indeed using a new aria2c \
> (1.10.x), then one should figure out how zypper/yast can use the right options (or \
> if this is a bug).

Peter,

	Thanks for your follow-up, it will take me a bit to digest all of this info
since I'm not that familiar with aria2 (yet). I'll try and test in the next
night or two and report back. I'll be the utexas.edu US mirror is just saturated
to the point of being worthless. When I hit it, I'll get 2-6K/s then it will
drop to 0.0K/s for 5-10 secs and then give a second or two of download and then
drop back to 0. I don't know if this is aria2 or just getting attached to a bad
server.

	However, I can tell you that once I am attached to that server -- it will never
change and will never find another until I ctrl+c the update and start it over
and grab another mirror. Thanks again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC