List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Upgrading KDE4.1
From:       dwgallien <dwgallien () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-21 19:31:25

> Hi,
> I have both KDE 3 and KDE 4 kde desktop environments installed on my
> computer.  How may I update only the kde 4 desktop to the kde 4.5
> factory release without also updating the kde 3.5 desktop to kde 4.5?
>
> I am using Opensuse 11.1 operating system.
>
> Thanks

Add repo's here for 4.5 in 11.1:

http://en.opensuse.org/KDE_repositories#Upstream_Release_.28KDE_SC_4.5.29

In YaST sw mgmt click on repositories tab, select the repo just added, click on \
"switch system packages . . .  ".

In openSUSE, KDE 3 and KDE 4 code is kept separate.   I still have KDE 3 and, while I \
                have done *many* KDE 4 upgrades, never had a problem affecting KDE 3.