List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Does Everyone's Activities replicate?
From:       phanisvara das <phani00 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-17 22:24:06

On Saturday, September 18, 2010 02:44:16 John Andersen wrote:
> Logged into a shell as root, nuked those files you mentioned.
> Logged back in to a stock OpenSuse desktop.
> Right clicked, selected Activities and there they ALL were again.
> Now well over 100 different activities on the display.

just tried it myself, and you're right.

i found a new file in ~/.kde4/share/config/, called "activitymanagerrc". that also
needs to be deleted. and there was another one, depending on some widget or other,
"plasmoidviewerrc" or similar. i deleted that too.

deleting all these without logging out, just stopping plasma with "kquitapp
plasma-desktop", doesn't do the trick anymore; KDE keeps the info in some type of
cache it seems. but after i logged out, deleted all the stuff (plasma*, plasmoid*,
activitymanagerrc), i had a new KDE 4 desktop w/o _any activities_.

(normally i have 3, which did _not_ increase during all this, until i deleted them
all; now i hope my backup is really up-to-date so i can get them back intact...)

--
phani.