List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] No GNOME after upgrade
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-17 21:17:53

On 09/17/2010 12:10 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> OK, any pointers about what files I need to fiddle with would be much
> appreciated.
>
> Robert

Robert,

     One more issue - I had problem with the default 2.6.34 kernel that ships
with opensuse 11.3, I updated to 2.6.35 from the Kernel:/HEAD repo and that
helped. Unfortunately, 2.5.35 isn't available in HEAD anymore ( I sure don't
know why we don't archive the kernels built in subdirectories some where so
people can grab the ones that work with their system instead of having them
disappear - maybe we do and I don't know where they are...)

     The current 2.6.36rc4 has also given me issues, but try it anyway as others
have had good luck...

     Also - make sure you have updated all your repository URL's and then do
another 'zypper up' and 'zypper up -t patch' to make sure you really have
everything updated.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC