List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] Does Everyone's Activities replicate?
From:       jsa <jsamyth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-17 4:38:02

Sorry for the Image Attachment

My KDE4 Activities replicate each time I log out.

I have 4 desktops.  I have a different image on each.
Other than that, I use now widgets or anything on the desktops.

Upon logging back in, I will have a whole bunch of activities (see
image) which show  up if I right click the desktop and select Activities.
After a few days, I see many pages of those activity icons as shown
in the picture.  In excess of 80 at times.
It takes for ever to delete them.

And all the customization of desktop images is gone upon each login.
This has been happening since the very first release of KDE4, and I
can't find any setting to stop it.

Every log-out/shutdown adds  8 new activities. (suspend to ram adds none).

My /home/[user]/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc keeps growing
with new containments added each time shutdown or I log out and back in
again.

Its getting unmanageable .

If you right click your desktop, and select activities, are you seeing what
you expect?

["DesktopActivities-breading-like-rabits600.png" (image/png)]