List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] This guy _really_ likes kde 4.5
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-16 17:08:14

On 09/16/2010 10:25 AM, phanisvara das wrote:
> On Thursday, September 16, 2010 20:08:31 Bob Williams wrote:
>
>>> This symptom appeared for me as soon as I replaced the open-source
>>> nVidia driver with the proprietary one and was unaffected by the KDE
>>> 4.5.1 upgrade.
>>>

>> Your description seems to fit. I also run gkrellm, and notice the spikes.
>
> i noticed very similar symptoms which went away when i upgraded my kernel to the
> one from Kernel:/HEAD (2.6.36).
>
> --
> phani.

Your lucky phani. All kernels from head through 2.6.35 worked great, the
2.6.36rc kernels have given my laptop fits. I haven't tried rc4 yet (no time to
debug right now). I'll give it a try tomorrow after work and see if I can sort
out the boot issues I saw in rc1-rc2.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC