List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] What happened to the opensuse.ca.unixheads.org mirror?
From:       phanisvara das <phani00 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-15 20:22:32

On Thursday, September 16, 2010 01:21:40 Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
> How much space is needed? Some hosting companies tout 150GB and
> unlimited bandwidth for around $5.00 a month and unlimited space at $7.

i know such companies from various webhosting attempts, and in my experience
really cheap offers mean that the company is 'overselling' their capacity. they
assume that hardly anybody actually will use the whole bandwidth or space and hope
that things will go ok. needless to say, they usually don't. there is no such
thing as "unlimited bandwidth" or "~ disk space" -- even up in the cloud they'll
have to pay for what they use.

i chose to go with somewhat costlier offers, even for simple webhosting needs,
because those are much more reliable. if you want to host the whole packman repos,
i don't think any cheap provider will suffice.

--
phani.