List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] This guy _really_ likes kde 4.5
From:       "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty () suddenlinkmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-15 18:36:59

On 09/13/2010 10:43 PM, John Andersen wrote:
> On 9/13/2010 8:15 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>> On Monday September 13 2010, John E. Perry wrote:
>>> ...which makes me anxious to see it under opensuse (due in 11.4?).
>>
>> You don't have to wait for 11.4, it's available for 11.3 and is easy to
>> install. See [1] for simple instructions.
>>
>> [1] http://omgsuse.com/content/how-upgrade-kde-45
>>

>>> John Perry
>>

>> Randall Schulz
>
> I agree, just do the upgrade now, instead of waiting.
>
> 4.5.1 is pretty slick.  (Although it STILL decided to create a
> whole bunch of extra Activities for no obvious reason).
>
> Everything pretty much works.

Yep, I posted a while back on 4.5.1. We are seeing some real improvement in
interface usability -- just go change the wallpaper in 4.5.1 and you will see
some real steps in the right direction.

However, just keep an eye out for a dbus issue that brings dolphin to its knees.

<quote>
Dolphin literally stop working for short periods when you interact
with files (mouse over, click, right click). It's a total freeze of the
application and it can take anywhere from 15-20 seconds to respond again.
</quote>

This should be fixed soon if it isn't fixed already.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC