List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Suspend to RAM doesn't work
From:       John Andersen <jsamyth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-01 18:45:58

On 5/30/2010 2:42 PM, Michal Hlavac wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have opensuse 11.2 on Thinkpad R60 with latest KDE 4.4.3 packages...
> Few days ago suspend to ram stopped work. It locks screen and nothing else
> when I click to sleep (in KDE power management plugin)...
>
> var/log/messages contains only:
> Entering suspend. In case of problems, please check /var/log/pm-suspend.log
>
> and log file /var/log/pm-suspend.log is empty
>
> thanks, miso

I have the same problem.
In my case, I have it set to suspend to ram on lid close (Dell Inpiron 9400).
It goes direct to screen lock.

Odd thing Is, if I unlock the screen (key password) and close lid again
it suspends to ram.

The same is true when I select the menu item to Suspend to disk (hybernate).
Have to do that twice too.

I haven't had time to track this down yet, but I did look at the logs
and found nothing that jumped out at me.