List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] GDM 11.2 went broken (SOLVED)
From:       Marco Calistri <marco.calistri () yahoo ! com ! br>
Date:       2010-05-31 15:31:27

Marco Calistri ha scritto:
> Carlos E. R. ha scritto:

>>> Somebody, somewhere, argued about that a not synced metaDB could drive
>>> into problems, when sitting in front of similar issues as mine, for this
>>> reason I issued the above command, which force a rebuild of repos
>>> metadatas.
>>
>> Ah, yes, but later you have to tell yast or zypper to reinstall or
>> update things. That's only the database, not the packages.
>>
>> -- Cheers,
>>        Carlos E. R.
> Of course that is implied.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marco

I finally overcome the issue by adopting a drastic but apparently unique
measure: I reinstalled 11.2, preserving /home and /data1 dirs where I
have my configurations and archives. I took profit of the case and
decided to format the / file-system into ext4, instead of the former ext3.

Now gdm starts regularly and I am an happy man :)

--
Marco Calistri <amdturion>
The honourable gentleman is never fortuitous in the coincidence of his