List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Problem with ATI repository
From:       Anton Aylward <anton.aylward () rogers ! com>
Date:       2010-03-23 14:08:20

Christopher Myers said the following on 03/23/2010 09:11 AM:

> Actually, it's been happening for a few months now.  There is a good thread on how \
> to compile your own driver here:  \
> http://forums.opensuse.org/hardware/433051-installation-ati-64-bit-driver-failed-checksum-incorrect.html
>
> I ended up giving up waiting for ATI to fix the problem and just did it myself.  I \
> know the thread starts out as 64-bit, but it applies to 32-bit as well (which is \
> what I have on my laptop.)  I contacted ATI a month or so ago and they said they \
> were aware of the problem.

Hmm.

I'm not happy.
I follow this, and end up getting pointed to "legacy drivers"
and a package that doesn't seem to like like "desktop" and doesn't list
anything for 11.2
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Legacy/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.21&lang=English

Am I following the wrong links?

I get to http://en.opensuse.org/ATI_drivers#The_hard_way
and that package doesn't seem to correspond to the instructions tat
follow.  Probably 'cos its a "legacy".

It looks like I'll stick with the 'radeon' driver