List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] pidgin, keyring & ssh -X
From:       Mitch Claborn <mitch () claborn ! net>
Date:       2010-01-20 14:25:54

See script below for "solution".  I guess that applications (or at least
pidgin) using  the keyring need the PID of the daemon.

#!/bin/sh

if [ ! $GNOME_KEYRING_PID ] ; then
    keyring=$(gnome-keyring-daemon)
    if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
        for exp in $keyring; do
            export $exp;
        done
    fi
fi

if [ $GNOME_KEYRING_PID ] ; then
    echo OK
    /usr/bin/pidgin
else
    echo "Gnome Keyring has not been started"
fi

Mitch Claborn
972-954-7341
mitch@claborn.net