List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] MBR and 2nd OpenSuse install
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2009-07-29 12:52:25

On 2009/07/29 14:31 (GMT+0200) Hans de Faber composed:

> If I install a second version on a spare partition then my mbr is set to the
> fresh installed grub.

Not necessarily. It's usually unnecessary to have non-standard boot code in
the MBR, and so doesn't always happen automatically.

> Is there an option in the install procedure "DON"T touch the MBR" ?

Something like that. Just uncheck the MBR box and check the / filesystem box
on the where to install bootloader screen.
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Prefered_bootloader_options
--
No Jesus - No peace , Know Jesus -  Know Peace

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/