List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] How to configure konqueror to show KB and MB
From:       Roger Oberholtzer <roger () opq ! se>
Date:       2009-06-30 7:34:37

On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 18:51 -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Listmates,
>
> 	KDE4 konqueror is displaying size in KiB and MiB instead of the traditional KB and \
> MB. Where can I change this so I can view the size in KB & MB? The 'i' means \
> nothing to my use of konqueror, but it is distracting to the eye to now have a \
> whole new useless column of 'i's streaming down the page. The view is a whole lot \
> cleaner without them. I'm sure somebody cares whether the file is 41.6 KiB instead \
> of 41.6 KB, but I would be startled if the percentage of people that do exceeds 1%.

Not only that, Ki is non standard. I have never seen KiG for kilograms,
or KiM for kilometers. Are milligrams now MiG and hectograms now HeG?
I think someone was bored one day. Or this is some emerging EU standard?

To answer your question, I do not know where to change it. Perhaps in
the locale settings where you set preferences for how money, date and
such thing are specified?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST