List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] memtest86+ .. Recent bad memory for OCZ? Anyone else?
From:       Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-12 1:11:30

Another thing to check is the voltage. I have some OCZ RAM in my
system and the voltage is not the 1.8v DDR2 standard but instead it is
2.1v. The BIOS did not pick this up automatically. It would run ok as
1.8v but when I added a 2nd pair of RAM it would behave oddly, bumping
it up to the correct voltage fixed the problem. Some systems won't let
you adjust these "overclocking" settings.

And of course, if you have multiple pairs of bad RAM I would be
inclined to check the mainboard and CPU (recent AMDs have the memory
controller on the CPU -- I walked barefoot accross a carpet with a CPU
in my hand and it never worked in dual-channel mode again!)