List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Re: KDE
From:       "Rajko M." <rmatov101 () charter ! net>
Date:       2009-05-29 2:51:59

On Thursday 28 May 2009 09:09:53 pm Chuck Davis wrote:
> Thanks Rajko.  That at least gets me back to a KDE3.5 desktop.  Same
> funky sign on but 3.5 starts.  I'd like to get back to the KDE sign on
> and start KDE4.3.  Any more good ideas?

Check files
/etc/sysconfig/displaymanager
DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm4"

and
/etc/sysconfig/windowmanager
DEFAULT_WM="startkde"

to make sure that they show as above.

If yes, and you see xdm (gray with suse logo) then kdm4 doesn't run.
If it is not xdm then use http://picpaste.com to post image.

BTW, IRC channel #suse can be much faster to exchange ideas in  this case.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/