List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] unable to restart HAL daemon
From:       PaulFransen <send.me () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2009-05-15 13:53:02

Hi,

for some reason my HAL daemon, running under OpenSUSE 10.3 (64 bit), stopped
working, I am not sure when and under what circumstances, but I am unable to
restart it.

The command from the root prompt:
	rchal restart

results in:
	Shutting down HAL daemon                                       done
	Starting HAL daemonstartproc:  exit status of parent of /usr/sbin/hald: 1
                                                                       failed

I Googled around exhaustively, but couldn't find a solution to this problem. I
reinstalled HAL via Yast, but without result.

Has anyone experienced this problem and does anyone have a suggestion how to
solve it?

Thanks a lot,

Paul.