List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Maple on Suse
From:       Francesco Teodori <francesco.teodori () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-10 8:36:27

This in not a Maple specific problem. It is a java and cups related
problem that affects other applications as matlab. You had to modify
the /etc/cups/client.conf file, by adding the line
ServerName=localhost. Alternatively you could set the variable
CUPS_SERVER to localhost. Other problems may occur when printing: you
see the printer but you get errors after sending the print command. In
this case you had to modify the file /etc/cups/printers.conf by adding
for each printer the line "Option orientation-requested 3" before the
line </Printer>
Francesco