List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] ATI question
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2009-05-07 13:31:50

On 2009/05/07 06:47 (GMT-0500) Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. composed:

> For identical pixel output, the 3D drawing pipeline is faster (than the 2D
> pipeline) on modern ATI and NVidia card.  I'm not sure about Intel "cards".
> Those seem to be the only 3 brands that matter to anyone anymore.

With any reasonably modern gfxchip, I have not considered gfxcard speed to be
an issue since pre-800MHz CPU days. I have used KDE virtually exclusively as
my DTE the whole time since pre-400MHz CPU days.
--
"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man
keeps himself under control."	Proverbs 29:11 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/