List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] ATI question
From:       Kurt Wall <kwall () kurtwerks ! com>
Date:       2009-05-07 5:58:37

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 07:36:29AM +0200, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> I wonder how far back Nvidia support goes? I recall a legacy driver that
> kept support for older cards at some level. Of course, that means that
> the cards were at least still supported at a level equivalent to when
> they were purchased. ATI, OTOH, simply dropped their 'older' cards
> altogether.

This page says all the way back to TNT and GeForce 2:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_32667.html

But, for well south of $100 US, you can get a highly serviceable NVIDIA
GPU that is "modern" and doesn't need legacy support.

Kurt
--
America may be unique in being a country which has leapt from barbarism
to decadence without touching civilization.