List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] firefox profilemanager does not start
From:       Sunny <sloncho () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-05 17:00:37

Hi,
I run 11.0 32bit, with the latest Firefox (3.0.10). I tried to start
from commandline the profile manager:
$ firefox -ProfileManager

This just immediately returns without starting firefox at all. I
verified with ps aux that there is no other copy of FF running.

I have found an old post here with no responses:
http://forums.opensuse.org/network-internet/403948-firefox-profilemanager-doesnt-work.html

Also, I found another post, which says that this is because of the way
OpenSuse build of firefox is done:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1006995

So, any other searches did not produce sound solution. Can someone
help on this? Is it a known problem, and I failed to find it?

Thanks

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.