List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] configure jumbo frames
From:       Per Jessen <per () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2009-04-23 13:24:29

Dave Feustel wrote:

> F9 and Suse are running on different versions of MSI K9N motherboards
> (v1,v3) with builtin 1G nics. The v3 motherboard has a dual processor.
>
> The Netgear card is plugged into a 10-year-old Dell.

I suspect what you have is this:

1) MSI K9N v1 - NICs support jumbo frames
2) MSI K9N v3 - NICs do not support jumbo frames
3) Netgear - does not support jumbo frames

I can't think of a reason why there would be such a difference between
your MSI boards, so I could be way off here.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.3 °C)