List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse]  Re: Reply to mailing lists
From:       Tim Wunder <tim () thewunders ! org>
Date:       2009-02-05 21:44:37

On Thursday 05 February 2009 04:30:57 pm Robert Smits wrote:
<snip>

> It is. And none of the listserve developers actually recommend munging the
> reply-to header to the list address, at least in part because doing so
> removes your ability to reply only to the sender.
><snip>

Changing the Reply-To does not impact the From header. When a list has a
Reply-To set, replying to All, then deleting the list address from the
recipients list, works perfectly well for replying to an individual rather
than the list.

I really don't care what this list does with its reply-to. But to say that
reply-to munging "removes your ability to reply only to the sender" is plain
wrong.

Regards,
Tim

--
 16:35:01 up 27 days, 3 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.28, 0.27
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts" John Wooden