List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] slow SuSe 11
From:       "f.costen () cs ! man ! ac ! uk" <fumie ! costen () manchester ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2008-10-31 15:51:38

 Dear Sirs,
 I installed SuSe 11 on my laptop and
 my normal usage of the laptop during the week is
 1. I login to the laptop from another Unix/linux box
 2. run the thunderbird and firefox on the laptop
 and send the window to the terminal in front of me
 3. use these software on the Unix/Linux box.

 So far(SuSe 10 and 10.1, 10.2 )
  I did not have any problem on these software
 but after the installation of SuSe 11,
 the window behaviour, file opening are pretty
 slow.
 Could you give me any suggestion on the way to solve this issue ?

 thanks
 Fumie