List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Printing to PDF from Firefox - Something Broke
From:       Kevin Donnelly <kevin () dotmon ! com>
Date:       2008-10-01 9:21:32

On Wednesday 01 October 2008 06:57, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
> So probably he's using FF2 which never had a builtin function to create
> PDFs but only is capable to print to a postscript file or to any
> configured cups printer (or another print application using
> about:config) but anyway I don't see Firefox' fault here.

Please read the whole thread before commenting.  The OP has FF3, and he is
complaining that the option to select any other printer than lpr has
disappeared.  The option to select kprinter allowed printing to pdf.  I have
exactly the same problem here, so it is definitely an FF3 issue.  I just
can't understand why devs feel they need to "fix" something that isn't broke,
but it seems to be fashionable at the minute - assume your users are
brain-dead and concentrate on the eye-candy.

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly

www.cymraeg.org.uk - Welsh-English autotranslator