List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Acer AspireOne Vs Asus EeePc 901 advice
From:       John Layt <johnlayt () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-08-18 18:55:26

On Monday 18 August 2008, Rui Santos wrote:
> Bottom line: I'm inclined to go for the Asus despite of it's €60,00
> increased cost but, I would like to know if anyone has installed it on
> openSUSE. Has anyone on this list has any experience on this ?
> If anyone has any option that may contradict any my claim please, do
> state your option.

Hi,

Quick note to say I have just installed openSuse on my new 901 and it appears
to be working OK (I haven't tested absolutly everything yet, but nothings
complaining hardware wise).  I'll post some detailed notes later.

What swung me to the 901 was build quality and battery life, I think it really
hits the sweet spot.  For some reason even the keyboard feels bigger and
easier to type on, perhaps because of the increased wrist-rest space?

John.