List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Which MP3 player?
From:       John Layt <johnlayt () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-03-09 20:50:15

On Sunday 09 March 2008, Stephen Winners wrote:
> Well, time to dive in.
>
> I am the last one in my family to get an MP3 player.
> Everyone else has iPods.
> I know how to work them on my windows box, but would like to use my
> linux system.
>
> Suggestions on players and software?
>
> Stephen
> Sarasota, FL USA

Pretty much anything recent will work these days.  iPods are well supported
through a library, and MTP (Microsoft's Media Transfer Protocol) is fairly
well supported too.  However your best bet is ensure they supprt UMS (USB
Mass Storage) mode for drag-and-drop file transfer.

Amarok is the business for me when it comes to managing my collection and
player, but there's plenty of other reasonable options out there.

John.