List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Problems with KDE-4.0
From:       Basil Chupin <blchupin () tpg ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-01-18 3:48:29

Rajko M. wrote:
> On Sunday 13 January 2008 11:49:01 pm Basil Chupin wrote:

[pruned]

>>> For instance k3b in openSUSE 10.3 is now version 1.03 and it is fine
>>> software for a long time before it was 1.0.
>>> Smart is 0.51 and already works fine.
>>>
>> Ahem..... smart, which I have installed in 10.3, is 0.52-5.1.
>>

> ~> cat /etc/SuSE-release
> openSUSE 10.3 (i586)
> VERSION = 10.3
>
> ~> smart --version
> smart 0.51
>
> This tells me what is part of your problem. You install software from
> different sources and expect that all will play well togeather.

If you care to look in the openSUSE Build Service repository you will
find the latest smart package there, and if you look inside the RPM
package for smart you will see the entry, "Vendor: OpenSUSE Build Service".

Ciao.

[rest pruned]

--
Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future.