List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Problems with KDE-4.0
From:       Frank Fiene <ffiene () veka ! com>
Date:       2008-01-13 14:52:57

On Sonntag 13 Januar 2008, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Frank Fiene wrote:
>
> You will, of course, get the usual responses stating that everything
> works well for 'them' so the problem obviously is with your set-up
> and, therefore, you should submit a bugzilla, detailing everything,
> including the size of your shoes, before anyone considers your
> 'complaint' even worthy of attention.
>
> Having stated this, I thank you for your message and have concluded
> that much passage of time will have to occur before I even consider
> trying to install KDE4 :-) .

Yes it seems to be no one klick installation yet.

There are many good ideas like desktop icons configuring like an mini
application. I like also the new kcontrol. But this is all KDE4, it
will be a big improvement but the openSUSE packages are far away from
usuable if you have to use kmail, kopete etc.