List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] KDE4 Question
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () suse ! de>
Date:       2007-11-30 9:57:14

On Thursday 29 November 2007, Ben Kevan said:
> For me the "Lock / Logout" Plasmoid is semi broken and ones like the "New
> Device Notified" can't be dragged because it recognizes the click to do
> another function. Will thing like that be fixed before the final or is that
> more maintenence / cleanup for 4.0.X or 4.X.X?

Yes, I expect so.  On yesterday's SVN Lock/Logout is broken in that it
initially renders in a smaller area than it needs.  AFAIK this is due to some
changes that happened in the plasma libs in how applets' contents rectangles
are calculated.  This is still fairly active and it takes a few days for all
the applets to be adapted.   The Device Notifier is draggable using its
border.

> Also wguessing the "Personal Files" will open in Dolphin and not in Konq in
> the final since Dolphin is the File Manager.

Right.

> Lastly, when will KDM be polished?

It's being worked on at the moment, Ossi is doing some spectacular stuff with
nested groups for KConfig.  I'm not sure exactly what it's for but it
probably is something important for KDM.  I'll ask around.

> I've been using KDE 4 since early beta's and have to say it's starting to
> look really polished. You guys are donig a great job. Keep it up.

Cheers :)

Will

--
Desktop Engineer