List:       opensuse
Subject:    Re: [opensuse] Intel Core Duo "buggy as hell"?
From:       Bill Anderson <bill () bill-anderson ! com>
Date:       2007-06-30 12:41:36

Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Friday 29 June 2007 20:16:11 Stevens wrote:
>
>> I personally think that Intel chip problems and their potential impact on
>> opensuse, Redhat, Ubuntu or any one of the mryiad variants of Linux out
>> there would be very much on topic or, at the very least, close enough to
>> not warrant an admonition from you.
>>

> I agree, I thought it was highly interesting, and might explain a few issues
> I've been seeing. I don't think it was off topic

While the e-mail was not specifically targeted to the OpenSuse
community, the content is important to everyone in the community. We
cannot forget that processor errors create symptoms that are hard to
track and debug.

Fred, while you get toasted on this list, I never get an answer. I am
still have no idea what OpenSuse is doing with LKCD. It was heavily
maintained by the SUSE community until release 10.0. It know seams to
have joined the list of unsupported packages. I have communicated with
the author of LKCD, and he does not track the SUSE implementation of
LKCD. Sadly, it was a great kernel debugging tool that offered a
granularity in dumps not provided by any current kernel dump tool.

Bill Anderson